I can understand people being upset, but please leave the children out of it...(Man Enraged By Obama Bumper Sticker Rams His SUV Into Car)

Harry Weisiger of Nashville was so furious at seeing a Barack Obama bumper sticker he plowed his SUV into the car displaying it, where a 10-year-old girl was inside. (h/t CrooksAndLiars)

Mark Duren told News 2 the incident happened around 4:30p.m., while he was driving on Blair Boulevard, not far from Belmont University.

He said Harry Weisiger gave him the bird and rammed into his vehicle, after noticing an Obama-Biden sticker on his car bumper.

Duren had just picked up his 10-year-old daughter from school and had her in theā€¦

http://www.alan.com/2010/03/26/man-enraged-by-obama-bumper-sticker-rams-his-suv-into-car/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He went way too far.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• was it really because of the sticker? OR did he cut him off and the guy have serious issues?
    Anonymous

Either way, he needs to return his drivers license to WalMart. What a goob.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:09 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I think it's reckless to assume that it's because of the sticker. the article says that he was pointing to the rear of the car and that's probably what is making them assume that. Either way this sort of behavior is unacceptable and he was charged with his crime. Now it's up to a group of his peers to decide his fate (if he doesn't plea out).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• There are people out there that are that stupid, violent, and extreme throughout the political spectrum.

Please lets not have another argument over who is more violent...I think we've had enough of those today already.
    Anonymous

• Seriously? I know the incident was real, and that guy is a real ass hat for what he did.  But you are using a link that takes us to a page with the title LIBERALAND????? LOL, Yeah, they aren't bias. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Anonymous

• Probably just an excuse for road rage...if it were the bumper sticker today...it will be something else tomorrow...PEOPLE NEED SOME ANGER MANAGEMENT

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:26 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Seriously? I know the incident was real......

If you know the incident was real, why whine about the website? Biased or not, they do occasionally get things right. It's not as though this was a "bash republicans!" thread...
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• People feel they have lost control. Government making decisions the most people have said they don't agree with. That feeling of losing control leaves people desperate.

Anonymous

• Ok, my parents live in Nashville... I know 2 news. 2 news would NOT be this biased without the other side.. So I went to THEIR site.... Here is what I found...

The man accused in an incident of road rage over an Obama bumper sticker Thursday afternoon says he was only trying to get around another car that had stopped in front of him.

News 2 talked to Harry Weisiger by phone Friday. 

Weisiger, 70, is accused of hitting Mark Duren's car on Blair Boulevard around 4:30p.m. Friday.

He said, "
    He slammed on his brakes, and I hit him in the bumper when I tried to go around him."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2010