were the MTV spring break shows sooo much cooler in the late 90s/early 2000s?

Or am I just getting old?

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 10:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NO THEY SUCK NOW lol
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Lol, I was actually thinking that exact same thing yesterday! MTV used to be awesome, now its overrun with blonde bimbos and tanned "guidos". The entire network has gotten ridiculous. :( I wish they played more music and had shows that don't kill all your braincells by watching them. Lol, I'm sure my parents thought the same thing about MTV when I was a teenager too.
    Shaye_e

Answer by Shaye_e at 11:05 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• MTV as a whole is a lot worse now then it was in the 80's and 90's.
    It used to be an awesome network that played .. get this .. virtually nonstop music.. Seeing as it is MUSIC Television. Now it's reality shows with horribly ego meniacle and sexed up hollywood wanna-be's. It's gross.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• It used to be an awesome network that played .. get this .. virtually nonstop music.

I remember when the only tv show on MTV that wasn't specifically music videos was Remote Control, and it was a game show about music videos. And I am really old.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I think you're right. They were much better in the 90s. I remember being in middle school and sneaking late at night to watch MTV Spring Break because my parents wouldn't let me. Now the specials are just gay. I haven't watched them in years.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2010