I JUST STARTED TAKING

A NEW BIRTH CONTROL ...AND THE FIRST WEEK I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY PERIOD BUT I DIDNT , IS THIS NORMAL FOR IT TO CHANCE MY OVULATION? ALSO WE DIDNT USE PROTECTION WHEN I FIRST STARTED CAN I BE PREGNANT ? PLEASE DONT BASH !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honey, take a pregnancy test just to be sure. :) It might be to early to detect too, so keep that in mind.

I know when I took YAZ, I was supposed to have a start date but I didn't for quite awhile.
    You could be, but it might be your birth control. It does take a bit to get through your system.
    It has different effects on everyone. :) You'll be okay. I hope you get the results you want.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• And Yes, I'd say its normal judging on my case. :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Yes to both questions.

Yes it's normal for birth control pills to throw off your cycle.

And yes you could be pregnant because it usually takes about 3 months of taking them before they're actually considered fully effective.
    Anonymous

• First of all .. stop yelling at us. Take the caps lock off and type to us properly.
    To answer your questions, yes starting birth control does throw off your cycle.
    Your Doctor should've gone over this with you. Ask more quesitons with your doctor instead of relying on a public forum.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• OP -THANKS .....IM NOT YELLING AT ANY ONE OK MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ....JAZZLIKEMRAZ .....MY DOCTOR DIDNT GO OVER THIS ME.....AND YES I AM RELYING ON A PUBLIC FORM ...SO WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE .....I'LL CALL MY DOCTORS OFFICE MONDAY !
    Anonymous

• Hon,the birth control PREVENTS you from ovulating.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2010