Vacation with mom

Im a single mom of a 16 yo son. My son has been through so much at such a young age. Hes had tremandous ups and downs. Over the past 12 months hes totally turned around his life, he was on a downward spiral that was going to ruin him, me, and everything around him. Now hes doing great in school, working part time after school, has re devoted himself to playing the piano (the one thing he never wanted to loose and always cared about) and to our realtionship. We have the type of realtionship I never in my wildest, dreamed possible. I want to reward my son and show my appreciation. We both LOVE the beach. I want to take him on a vacation just a few days. Mom and son! I need advice is that something a 16 yo would want to do, would it be weird for him just the 2 of us. I really want to bond with him for these few days and just relax and talk and bond? Any advice where we should go? Let me know what u guys think.

alextheitalia

Asked by alextheitalia at 11:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Sounds awosome! Have fun!

(sorry I dont have suggestions, my lil guy is only 6)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Are you guys in California? My advice would be Catalina Island if you are. A perfect weekend getaway that is full of adventure and a beach! You'll have fun for sure. Another suggestion would be an amusement park and during meal-time have a chance to "catch up".
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 12:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• My mature 14y/o would love it. We do mom/son days all the time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It sounds fantastic! Come to Chicago; we have great beaches, and lots of other things to do.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• where do you live?

my 15 yr old says mexico is fun.
    Anonymous

• Go somewhere quiet where you can just chill, swim, etc. Key Largo is nice.
    Anonymous