Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do any of you moms know how i can get money offf my baby daddy he is on social security?

well he helps and takes him sometime but i never seen a dime off of him but hey if any of you moms know anything let me know mmy kid is 4 and i wannna make his life better my job isnt much my bf is out of work now but we make it the best but ya

Answer Question

Asked by dylan122105 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • the kids can get ss I think. Call the child support office.

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

  • ?

    Answer by rosesrred1 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

  • Your bf should be out looking for a job! It seems like you guys are gonna wait for money you may never get. So you guys need to go and find some jobs and stop being so LAZY!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

  • Get off your butt and get a full time job. You can't rely on someone else to support your kid. How does he even know he is really the father. Maybe you should pay to have a DNA test done.

    Afterall, you didn't just have the kid to get money out of someone did ya....??? Hmmmmmmmmm???

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

  • Income is income in the eyes of child support stop waiting for the train that never comes on its own and go file for support. Dissability, unemployment ss same shit he has money coming you should too.

    Answer by Crystal8327 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

  • wow anon .04 I work, live on my own, pay rent and guess what I get child support are you assuming that mothers who file for child support don't work? 2 people make a baby that means 2 pay for it regardless of the relationship of the parents. Get a clue troll.

    Answer by Crystal8327 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

  • If you child's father is on ssi, technically he is not required to pay child support. He may be able to get social security for the child though. Have you talked to him to see if he has ever looked into it?

    Answer by Fallaya at 12:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

  • He should receive some sort of money for his children. My DH is disabled and we receive a check for each child.


    Answer by fallnangel3 at 3:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

  • Amazing at how many people THINK they can know the Law, or someone else's life!

    Technically?-"LEGALLY"...he has to pay Child Support REGARDLESS whether or not he is on SSI!!!

    YES, He can be MADE TO PAY Child Support!!!
    Go to both the SSI office, & Child Support Services/Attorney, & let them know that he is on Disabilty, & that he is not paying what is LEGALLY responsible for.

    Whether you are supporting the child or children on your own, or you are sitting on your rear expecting him to do it....he is still LEGALLY responsible for HIS share of each child's living expences. (each child that is his,REGARDLESS of where any of them live!)

    I hope this helps!

    Answer by catysnanny at 5:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

  • Have you filed for child support? Before the two of you chose to have a child, how did you discuss supporting this child?

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.