Did you catch the Jaime Oliver Food Revolution tonight ?

Did any of you happen to catch this show tonight ? Im embarrassed to say that it was filmed in a town that is just a few hours away from me. This man is coming to WV to try to get our schools to feed our kids fresh healthy food instead of processed foods that are making our kids obese. There is a young girl whos family goes to the doctor because they are over weight & she is only 4,I swear she can pass for a heavy 6 yr old.This town was declared the most obese town in the US.

4mom247

Asked by 4mom247 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Health

• I missed it! I did catch the preview on Monday and saw they were feeding the kids pizza for breakfast! YUCK!!
    Anonymous

• He even divided a chicken and showed some students what parts of the chicken that is used to make chicken nuggets,they were so grossed out but then he asked if they would still eat nuggets and they said yes.Its just so sad really.
    4mom247

Answer by 4mom247 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I watched it! It has made me take a very good look at what I feed my son. I am sad to say I feed him way too much processed food. The least I can do is make sure he has healthy food at home since it's obvious it isn't healthy at school. I plan to get rid of all our processed crap tomorrow and go shopping. I should have done it a long time ago but I guess it's better late than never.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 11:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Oh no. I missed it. I was looking forward to watch it.
    Anonymous

• My son won't eat a nugget, not even when he was tiny. He asked why didn't it have a bone in it. He didn't want what he considered a fake shicken. he hated most processed "kid" foods. THANK GOD.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Oh man!!! I really need a DVR or something cause I can never remember when "my shows" are on... Except for Biggest Loser, but thats only b/c that is the night DH goes to the Masons, so he is my reminder!
    Wonder if i can find it online somewhere..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:56 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• am i the only one that has a crush on this guy!?
    (and i feel so guilty since he has wife & kids, lol)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I've seen Jamie Oliver's School Dinners - I'm guessing this is the American version? Some parents were so upset that their kids were being "forced" to eat healthy food at school, they came to the playground at lunchtime and shoved chips and crap through the fence. : O
    toola

Answer by toola at 2:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• i was it last week on the preview. I really love it!

I am an overweight American. I have tried to eat healthy and to feed my family healthy, but I don't honestly know how. I always thought things like Chicken were good for you, now that I am trying to relearn all this I'm learning that Chicken nuggets don't count... I think had I learned how to eat right as a child, I wouldn't be having these issues as an adult. It's really a great think he is doing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• that is an awesome show, our schools need so much work in the food dept
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2010