Anyone have a convertible crib? Would you suggest them??

I was looking at convertible cribs and think that in the long run it would be more convenient. Would you suggest this kind of crib or not?

tiffanyjt22

Asked by tiffanyjt22 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Shopping

• I have one, but honestly never used it as a toddler bed. It was too high off the ground imo.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:57 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I had one with my son and I have another one for my daughter. With my son I too didn't use it as a toddler bed, he would fall out even with the "rail" in place. At that point I didn't think I'd have any other kids and I donated it to a women's shelter. With my daughter I have a much more expensive convertible crib (it's solid wood and pretty large and heavy). I, again probably will NOT use this one as a toddler bed for the same reason, I find it easier to have their mattress on the floor for a few months then purchase a seperate bed or use a twin size...but I will save her crib for a headboard and footboard as hers becomes a sleigh bed.

With my son, he went from a crib to a twin mattress on the floor and then I bought a Thomas the Tank Engine twin bed surround, it's like those pop up tents but it's made to fit around a bed, I would put his soft big toy box against the side of it so he couldn't roll off the bed
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2010