MIL help...

My MIL. gave us some money to help us due to some issues with medical leave payment.The company messed up and didn't know they had the info thye needed to put SO's check through so they didn't put the money through when they should have. Needless to say they said they would still have to wait the four weeks to get the money through which left us very late on bills and we needed food.Anyway,I want to tell my MIL thank you but I want her to know we really appreciate it.She isn't the materialistic type so a simple thank you would work but, I wanna say something more... any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Send a nice card with flowers delivered. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• A card and flowers is a great idea
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Either a card or a letter expressing how grateful you are is sufficient. I have been in your situation where I have received help - and even years later have sent them cards again reminding them that I will never forget their kindness.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I want to express to her how thankful I am.I'm just not so good at that sort of thing. I dont' know what to say.I truley am thankful I just dont' know how to express that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I would try to do something with her that she likes, such as, if she's into gardening get her a rose or her favorite flower and plant it with her, or if she likes cooking show up with the ingredients for her favorite dish, something that will let her know how much you appreciate her and let you spend some time with her as well.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 12:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• well it depends on her. What does she like, what does she value most?
    - Take her to a nice lunch & just SAY you appreciate it & give her a hug.. Really its a nice Thank You that means the world. Or invite her over for a nice dinner with your family.
    - Dont do anything expensive! If times are tough, then times are tough & spending money is not the right signal!
    - Are you good at making anything? Put together a simple memory book for her & gift it to her with a letter.
    -Return the favor, in time... Does she need help with something around her house?

Just think of it this way. Does it make you feel best when DH brings home something fancy & says your a great wife.. Or is it MOST touching when he leans over & sincerely says "i love you so much & am so lucky I found you" ...

Its better to express yourself simply, than to say nothing at all.. so dont let it be passed up just because u cant find the perfect way. :) Goodluck.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I agree about sitting her down, taking her hand and explaining that all you can offer right now is your overwhelming gratitude, that her help is so appreciated and will never be forgotten. Add that if she's ever in need that you'll be the first in line to help if you're able. That is what I would do. Forget the flowers, the card and the rest. What is most meaningful is eye contact and a sincere thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2010