Why is it that certain members shoot others down when asking a question in this section?

I was always told ask a question and be a fool for 5 minutes, dont ask a question and be a fool forever.

Do women not realize that members are asking questions because they do not know the answers and that doesn't make them any less human. I mean, they got their knowledge from someone right? Whether it be a book, a newspaper, a magazine or a person telling them. Someone had to of written that book, that newspaper or that magazine article. So why not share your knowledge with those of us who do not know and who are curious? Instead of bashing us, let us know. We would be a bunch of people without any knowledge if no one is willing to share correct?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Tempers are flaring here lately. What was it that you needed help with and were bashed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Because they are headless chickens in pink mini skirts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• LOL where are they now to shoot this question down, be careful you might be wrong for asking about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I think it all depends upon the question being asked. If you are asking a question to get a rise out of people, a rise is what you will get. If you are looking to stir the pot, you will succeed. Also, if your question is just too far fetched to believe, you will be considered a troll. Just the way it is Deary!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I come on here to get and give good sound advice. It's when people ask ridiculous questions or post things like "Let's Bash Obama" that bugs me. I'm all for making yourself more aware and learning more, but come on, if you're on here, you obviously have the internet. Some questions are easy enough to just google them. I just don't like having to do research for my questions, just to come on here and have to answer someone elses...it's like doing my kids' homework, they will never learn anything if you do all the work for them. Just my opinion!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Wow look at all the question marks!
    Depends on the question for me. If you are asking "I had sex last week do you think I am pregnant?" You are probably going to get bashed. If you ask "What's in that health care thing-a-majig?" You are probably going to get bashed. Seriously, if you don't know you CAN get / be pregnant if you had sex then you deserve to get bashed. If you don't know that health care thing-a-majig, you didn't care to know about it last week, and you didn't care to try to figure it out? Then you don't deserve someone else laying it out there for you and people will wonder why you care now.

I am always happy to help someone with a question but when it is a question 1 you see EVERYDAY or a facepalm question, don't expect to get super nice, understanding answers.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• If someone has already asked your question, especially if someone has already asked your question 5 times and they show up right in a row under your question in the same section. It will probably get bashed.

Same if it's asking something that flies in the face of basic common sense "Where is my stimulus check?" or "When do I get my free Universal Health Care?" or "Is everyone who hates Obama a racist?"

And then there's the ever popular passive aggressive be completely insulting and then try to play innocent as if you have no idea why anyone would be insulted by the question questions. If you're asking about something or someone else that you generally don't agree with or understand, replace the other thing or person with something you care about or yourself. If you'd be insulted when someone asked the question of you, expect people to react badly to it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Because they are a small group of unhappy women who need Xanax and who think they are always right. I feel badly for their families.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Ditto Crissy and Not Panicking!!!

high five

Sometimes the harsh truth of REALITY just can't be sugar-coated!!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Why is it that certain members shoot others down when asking a question in this section?

Anons are fair game as far as I am concerned... They are, for the most part, pathetic drama seeking cowards. There is little to NO sensitive information on P&CE, thus little reason to be anon other than to start sh*t... Look at the majority of ANON answers JUST in this question.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:02 AM on Mar. 27, 2010