Family Vacations.

We've never gone on a family vacation and now that the boys are older we're considering taking them to some kind of theme park. (probably in Florida).
Minus airfare, how much money would a family of 4 need to save up for a 3-5 day stay in a hotel for vacation. Include food costs, rental car/travel costs/ etc.
I'm sure there are things that contribute to the cost of a vacation like this that i have not thought of because we've never done one. So if you could just make a guess at the cost and a general guess at where those costs would go it would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• For three to go in our own car. $1500.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• $2000 should cover you guys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Yeah, I agree with above. I would use Priceline or something like that to find your hotel rooms though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• do you have AAA if you do they will do everything for you you just need to tell them what you want and they will give you good prices. that is what we do when we go out far away
    Milindus

Answer by Milindus at 1:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• AAAH!!!! Why be so lazy? Do the damn research on your own. We go on vacations each year and plan it out. If we drive, we do the mileage for gas costs, hotel stays, and extras. I'm not going to do your homework for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• anon 36

We will have to do the research on our own anyways. But i was hoping to get a ballpark number in case there are costs i have not yet thought of because we've never done this. ...i do believe i stated that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• a great place to look for vacation hotels condos cabins etc vacation rentals.com
    mamajmm81

Answer by mamajmm81 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I would say you are looking at about $3000.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I've been to Disney 2x in the last 3 years and it was about $1000/per person for everything including airfare, hotel, food, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Apr. 10, 2010