Question for those that run an in-home daycare...

I was wondering how much you would charge for a 1yr and a 2 1/2yr if you where to take them Mon. and Tues. from 4am-5pm and then Wed. 4am -11am. ?

Raine2007

Asked by Raine2007 at 1:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• 4am? That's not a home day care - that's a babysitter!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• You can charge whatever you want with those crazy hours, 4 am?? Yikes!!
    $200-$225 a week I would say
    Anonymous

• my daycare provider charges me 3.00 an hour on weeks that I do not have my child there for a full week. And 2.50 an hour for weeks that she is there mon-fri... it works out to about 120 -130 a week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I think the going rate depends on where you live. When I did home daycare a few years ago, I charged $100/week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• That's 30 hrs a week..about $150 to $200.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:10 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Thank you girls, I'm not the one that needs the sitter, it's my Best Friend. She gets help from the state when it comes to child care. They told her that if she found a friend or family member that would watch the kids (as long as they have Child/infant CPR and First aid) that they would pay them vs. finding a Day care that meets their standers, which is impossible to find let alone get into and with her working crazy hours. But when she told me they would pay me $600 a month, my jaw dropped. I wanted to see if that was right, the web page says not to charge any more to someone in the program than you would if they weren't. Personaly I was willing to watch the girls for almost free (have to feed them), but she is insisting that I get paid....
    Raine2007

Answer by Raine2007 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2010