I need advice please...

I cant sleep. Recently I found out that my fiancee has 2 alter emails (which I didn't know about), and profiles on dating websites. He'd been restricted to the barracks for 6 months. I know that it's hard to go that long without your woman. I confronted him about it and he tried to lie about it initially and came out with the truth. It hurt, hurt alot. I was so mad and yelled at him constantly. He's on meds for depression and he's in counseling. He told me how sorry he was and that he'd do anything to make it better. Go to couples counseling, I mean anything. I know he would, he's that kind of person. I'm just not sure if it's worth it.....His parents really take a toll on our relationship (they say the nastiest things about me and my children) and now this. We've been engaged for 2 years.....I just don't know what to do anymore, do I continue to work on it or just let it go? any advice please..thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Agreeing with the previous posters. Life is too short to be treated like crap and to not trust the one that you're with. What's the saying? If you love something, set it free, if it comes back, it was meant to be? Something like that. Well, good luck...keep your head up.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Honestly, I'd let it go. It clearly sounds like he's not ready. Free yourself and him from this situation. If he gets healthy and comes back to you, and you're available, then go for it. But for now, it really seems like you could both do with a serious break. If it's brutal right now, imagine what it will be like after you marry or have more kids.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I agree with jeanclaudia. Been there done that! You will save yourselves about 2 years of misery and an ugly divorce. Move on you will be better than ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Staying with him ? Is that an option ? Advice next time choose a better man with some more character ....I am not sure what advice is needed ... It's obvious this relationship is going nowhere and that's fine you don't need a lame guy ... There are plenty of fish in the sea and plenty of guys who will treat youlike queen. Yup No real advice ... Oh I got some advice move and change your number so the loser doesn't follow you when he realizes what a good thing he lost
    abbyg

Answer by abbyg at 3:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• move on the bigger and better things.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:16 AM on Mar. 27, 2010