How much do you tip someone who cuts your hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I tip her $20. My cut is $65.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I used to get my sons hair cut and I would tip her $2. Now I do his and my husbands myself. I have never had my hair cut professionally so I've never had to tip for mine.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It depends on what they did, just a trim like $5 a full cut and new style up to 10, more for a color. Also depends on how well they did. I had three horrible cuts in a row where they were patchy and WAY shorter than I asked and i didnt tip one of them at all, barely paid
    Depending on how well my son sits for the barber depends on his tip also haha. If my son is a holy terror as he has been before my husband gave him a 20 and told him to keep the change. i prob wouldnt have given that much. but now he sits nicely so the barber will $3-5
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:11 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• usually 4-5 dollars when i get a trim....and about 10 when i get it coloured
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:58 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I tip approx. 20% of whatever it costs to get my hair cut. It costs $45 so I tip $10.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Usually 20% unless they didn't do a good job and then I don't tip anything until it gets fixed.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:40 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Same as a waiter 15 to 20%.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It depends. It usually costs about 120 for color and cut, and I usually tip 30 bucks.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 10:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Maybe like $5. But, I just read an article in Reader's Digest, and it has convinced me to tip better when I get my hair done. Since I haven't gone in the last 18 months, it's not like tipping the hair stylist is going to break the bank.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2010