ear infection 8 month old

my son is 8 months old and he has an ear infection that keeps comming back . i take him to the the doctor get him the meds he needs and he fine for a few days after the meds then it once again it back! any home remidys or tip will be helpful

babymomma6

Asked by babymomma6 at 3:41 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since I've been with DH and his two boys, they were 7 mos and 20 mos when I moved in and are now 4 and 5 they've never had antibiotics for anything. We do homeopathic and herbal treatments, not that I'm advising you to do them...this is just what we do. When they've had problems with their ears, we've gotten a homeopathic remedy for ear aches. It's a small tablet sort of thing that dissolves in their mouth as soon as it hits the tongue.

We don't do antibiotics mostly because too many rounds of it, we feel, can make things the child get more resistant to the drugs in the future. The thing I love about homeopathy is that it gently helps the body to heal itself, I even use it on my cats. So I don't agree with critics that say it's just a placebo effect that somebody feels. The brand we use for the ear remedy is Hylands. If you have a Vitamin Shoppe in town, they should have it.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Hi, I found this sight if you're interested. As for your doctor? I use to go to a civilian doctor at our military clinic (when my ex was in the army) and my doctor used it herself. Some doctors are ok with it, I had to switch vets for my cats though, he thought it was a bunch of whooee.

http://www.alternative-homeopathic-remedies.com/alternative_homeopathic_infants.htm
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 4:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Actually, I would look into finding an ENT doctor. He may need tubes in his ear or tonsills out. Don't fool around with the ears/hearing.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• my son has had quite a few ear infections in the last 4 months hes 9 months now, and the last time we were at the doc they said to make sure i made a follow up appointment to make sure when the meds were all gone that the ear infection was gone. Sometimes just because the meds is gone doesnt mean the ear infection is. good luck i know it sucks!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2010