sleeptime with a bottle

How old was your child when you stopped using a bottle to put him/her to sleep? What did you do to substitute it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I never put a baby to sleep with a bottle. so i am sorry i cannot help you
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I never put my daughter to bed with a bottle either. I was told it was bad for the teeth. I always fed her before. Now she is two and she will ask for a sippy cup with water and I give it to her.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 7:17 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I never did it so I wouldn't have to break the habbit.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Do you mean feed them before bed or leave them in the crib with a bottle?
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• i never let drinks in the bed. i think it can cause ear infections when u dont change the sheets daily and it is wayyy to bad of a habbit to break. she stil asks every now and then
    Anonymous

• I also never put my daughter to bed with a bottle. She has never had a bottle or sippy in her crib.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Break the habbit now while he/she's still young - going to bed with a bottle is not good for kiddos, especially because of teeth. My daughter has a little bear, Rupert, that she sleeps with. She LOVES Ru Ru and he is her comfort. Maybe you could take your child shopping and let them pick out a lovey. Just break it now - it will be hard, but it's really the best thing for your kid!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 8:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• My son was BF so we never did a bedtime bottle. He's 2 now and gets a straw cup of water at bedtime because the air in our house is so dry at this time of year. We'll stop that when he's ready for overnight potty training but as long as he's wearing a diaper or pull-up I'm fine with this situation.
    zorrokat

Answer by zorrokat at 9:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Ok well I have trouble trying to rock my kid to sleep. whats a good tequnique besides this for a bedtime routine? My normal routine is feeding her something so that she is not hungry, bathing her and lotion and stuff, and then we rock and listen to music with a bottle to go to sleep. been doing it since she was born and im ready to change it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• To the people who never gave their child a bottle to fall asleep.... why bother answering this question?

I used to give my daughter a bottle in her room, lights off, rocking her to sleep, so she was used to having a bottle before bed. I simply just changed up the routine. When she was around 13 months I started giving her the bottle in the living room, with all the noise and commotion still going on, so she stopped relating the bottle w/bedtime. Then I just started switching the bottle for a sippy cup w/formula, and then when she got used to the I switched to cows milk.
    Anonymous