What is it?

With Christians putting other Christians down for viewing the Bible in a different way? How can someone who prides themselves with being a true Christian put others down just because they think differently and refuse to beleive some of what the Bible says to be unjust? There is one in particular in this site, that is constantly comparing herself to God himself, and then spews out hate and rudeness towards any other who defies her beleifs. What gives the right to any Christian to say they are not a true followers?

Asked by older at 8:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I hate it when Christians fight among themselves. It just kills me. I know it's unavoidable...but jeez, it doesn't make the religion look very good at all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• um...I'm not sure who you are talking about but I can give you my own opinion....Whatever the Bible says...goes. If it's not in the Bible, then it's not God's word. I try not to be judgmental but I do stand firm in what the Bible says.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:42 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• i am having some trouble with someone like that... actually, i sohuld say i WAS having trouble. she deleted me as a friend, and i'm ok with that... there are some people that just aren't mature enough in their faith (not saying they aren't christian! there are levels of maturity... just like in real life) to be able to understand that some people won't believe what they do. the fact that matters is, Jesus died on the cross for everyone... not just the "'kinda" sinners.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:00 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• this is what my DH told me when i was complaining about exactly this a few weeks ago...when you dont take the Bible literally the ones that do take it literally think you are taking the easy path. if you arent having to work hard you arent on the right path to them. to many times these ppl are all about rules and verses and know nothing about grace & love...and when you try to tell them about it they write you off as some kinda liberal nut.

while i dont agree w/ everything my DH said (and i was paraphrasing) i think he made a good point. most Christians have been trained to think that our lives have to be hard otherwise we are being too much like the world around us. i use to be that way...the more bad things you didnt let yourself do, the closer to God you were. then i learned that following rules is not the main part to being close to God...they are guidelines, not steps to a great relationship w/ the Divine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It's called a flawed religion, and I hope it's abolished some day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• mominbolt

That about sums it up for me I don't ever want to come off as rude to anybody which is hard over the internet. I take God's Word seriously and I won't try and justify what I personally feel is right if it goes against God. I Know some people can be really rude with their comments and spew hate, they need to look at their own hearts to see if God would want them to be that way. What I do is stand firm by God's Word but try to do it in a compassionate way. I can't worry about offending others because no matter how nice I try to be in standing by God's Word, people get offended because God's Word brings conviction to the heart.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• The Bible tells us to be Hot or Cold not Lukewarm you can't pick and choose what parts of God's Word work with you and reject the rest. You can't just believe what your church says is okay if it blatantly goes against what God says, and you can't trust your heart the Bible calls the heart deceitful above all things. All you can do is trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding (it will get ya into trouble) Aknowledge the Lord in ALL of your ways and He will direct you in the right direction God gives us His Word to light our path and it says that man cannot live by bread alone but by EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the Mouth of God.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• You can't just trust a church or your heart because you are trusting your own salvation on a man's teaching and a deceitful heart. Rather than trusting God and His Word only. I would rather believe God and spend eternity with Him than believe what I want or a false teaching and spend eternity in Hell wishing I woulda listened to God.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• okmander, you have a wise man for a husband, he is a keeper!

Answer by older at 12:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Personally I feel the Bible is interpreted differently by different people and that each individuals interpretation is just that.
    I am open to learning about different religions and their beliefs because I would rather educate myself rather than be ignorant and make assumptions like so many people do.

Everyone who has a relationship with God has a slightly different one than the next person.

I think I know the person you're speaking about in the OP and I agree that it's frustrating to be condescended towards and to be called a bad Christian or not a "true" or "real" Christian because it's not her exact beliefs that we all share.
    Or to be called a fool or to have Jehovah's Witnesses treated like they aren't a real religion because she disagrees with what they believe without actually learning about them.
    It's sad to me, that someone is so full of hate and intolerance towards other people and other beliefs.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010