How do I get rid of canker sores in my mouth?

I have had this one huge canker sore in my mouth for over a week. I get canker sore a lot, especially when I get worn down. Does anyone have a remedy to get rid of these?

Lanasmom06

Asked by Lanasmom06 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Health

• Rinse with salt and water.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• The "old wives remedy" that I have used is to put a dab of Vaseline on the sore. Supposedly, that keeps the acid in your mouth away from it and helps it to heal. It has worked for me, but as a nurse, I have to say "you aren't supposed to put petroleum jelly in your mouth".
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I have one right now- I put 1-2 tsp of peroxide with 1/8-1/4 cup water and rinse before I brush. Tastes kind of nasty, and it's slow, but it works, plus it gets my teeth a little whiter. The amount of peroxide for me depends on how severe the sore is. The worse it is, usually the more peroxide I use, then as it heals I decrease the amount of peroxide. Just don't swallow it- yuck.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• L-lysine. You can get it at a health food store or whole foods

Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It hurts but put salt directly on there!!!!
    Anonymous