I think PI companies saw this coming a couple years ago...

I was a claims examiner at Great West Health Care for 18mos before CIGNA bought them out and laid several of us off.

CIGNA has already made the promise over 6 months ago to have another layoff because they're closing the office, period. Only a select few examiners will be able to work remotely from home, and my mom is one of them. She is out of claims by 10AM, every day, at least for the last 2 weeks.

Do y'all know anything else that we could have noticed to "foresee" this coming?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 9:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama being elected pretty much was the writing on the wall...  To think people are OK with the thought of Retirees losing benefits and utility companies to raise rates to offset costs.. Can you imagine what will happen to the job in this country if Cap and Trade passes? Not only will the US continue to hemorrhage cash, but we will continue to hemorrhage jobs... Some are ok with that.. Pathetic.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I can tell you I didn't vote for McCain, but I voted to get Obama away from the seat.

The same as the last election, I didn't vote for Kerry, but I voted to get Bush out of office.

This election stood for "change," but they couldn't tell us, "What kind of change?"
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:07 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• This election stood for "change," but they couldn't tell us, "What kind of change?"

***
    Oh, they COULD have told you....but no one ASKED for a definition!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:54 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:20 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Quinn, you are on a roll today!!!!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Idk, but my dad works as a pharmaceutical salesman. Again this year, they had an "internal reorganization". Basically, they make everyone wait for a period of a week or two as the company decides who they will keep (rehire) and who will go. Fortunately, my dad will retire at the end of the year (he just turned 65 this week). I think they're wondering what's going to happen too. I'm trying to get a job in the medical field, like I once had, but now I think I'll hold off and see what happens. I think a job at McDonald's is probably more secure right now than anything in a health-related field.

Anonymous

• Had you listened you would have known what kind of change Obama wanted. It was very obvious to me and many others.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2010