Do birth control pills lose their effectiveness if they are taken every day BUT not at the same time everyday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Health

• Yes. You need to take it about the same time each day...if you take it in the morning one day and then the evening the next and keep going back and forth, then you can open yourself up to being unprotected. Just take it in the same time of day, morning, middle or night each day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• thats what they say..
    Anonymous

• Your supposed to take it within the same hour each day. So if you take it at 9:00 am, you have up until 10:00am. In between the hour is what they aim for. I got pregnant from misusing the pill. I didn't know that you had to take it at the same time daily, I thought as long as I was taking it daily I was safe. Make a calender apt on your cell for everyday of the week at the same time so you can remember!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2010