Everyone who believes in a God(s) or Goddess(es) Have you ever been given an answer that you didn't like?

Have you ever prayed and understood God(dess) would like you to do something that you find challenging?

examples but not limited to: go to church, worship, help someone you are not found of, offer your time to a charity, forgive a person you find hard to forgive?

Does God always want you to do what you want to do? Does God's (Goddess's) plans always coincide with your plans? Please, share an example when you did something you didn't want to do to please your deity.

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course, if Heavenly Father just let us do what WE thought was right, we would never learn and grow. We should always try to make his our own...
    Of course we will make mistakes...but we learn from them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Have you ever been given an answer that you didn't like? yes

Have you ever prayed and understood God(dess) would like you to do something that you find challenging? Yes

Does God always want you to do what you want to do? Does God's (Goddess's) plans always coincide with your plans? NO! Why Should they?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I was always taught God helps those that help themselves. I have never prayed for things when I already knew deep down in my heart what would happen. I do not believe God controls us if I waited for the order every day I would never be able to leave my house

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2010

• While I believe in the gods, I don't believe that they "want" anything for us. I think they are more like ways to access certain energies that exist in the universe. So I don't believe I have ever been "told" to do something by them. However, I have on occasion come to the realization, through interaction with certain deities, that attaining something would be more difficult, or more demanding that I had realized. Sometimes I continue my quest, working through the difficulties, other times I have put aside quests, realizing that I am not yet ready for the level of dedication that would be required. I think that if a deity is demanding something of you that you don't desire you should seriously examine whether or not that message is really coming from that god, your own mind, or outside pressure from family, friends, or society at large.

Anonymous

• Yes, I have been inspired to do something Ive not wanted to do because I knew it would be difficult.
    Ive followed and it let to events that led me to my husband and so it really wasnt a bad thing. Just change and I dont do well with change.

The "it" was moving to a different state and farther from my family.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• seeing as i had planned on not getting pregnant (was on BC) and prayed that the reason my period was late was just a fluke, but still ended up pregnant...yeah i can say ive been given an answer i didnt like (at the time).

God didnt follow my plan, or should i say i didnt like God's plan. yet it turned out to be the greatest thing ive ever done with my life. i was scared to death and being a mom truly has been the single most challenging thing ive ever had to do (and still is), but the rewards have been so worth it!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I would never pray "for" things - it's rude.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Oh yes! I have learned to have more patience with Christians. I was SO resentful toward my upbringing, and Christians I come across in general, but while meditating on it many times, I understood it is a learning process I needed to go through.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Have you ever prayed and understood God(dess) would like you to do something that you find challenging? Yes rude people.

examples but not limited to: go to church, worship, help someone you are not found of, offer your time to a charity, forgive a person you find hard to forgive? I always help any one I possibly can

Does God always want you to do what you want to do? He just wants you to treat other the way you would want to be treated and use common sense.
    Does God's (Goddess's) plans always coincide with your plans? Please, share an example when you did something you didn't want to do to please your deity.

Does God always want you to do what you want to do? He wants you to be happy and treat others the way you would like to be treated. That's it really just to use your common sense.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Does God's (Goddess's) plans always coincide with your plans? No it's not suppose to it's meant to test your faith. I met a guy I loved who is atheist, so I married him. He now asked questions and we have fun religious debates. He is curios in what I believe. However I'm not a common every day Christian and I don't push. I use this example because it is the only thing I am ever told I did that is truly against god. I don't agree. I have several atheist friends every one I am ever around IRL has curiosity about my belief because they can't believe I'm Christian I don't push, preach, or insult, nor do I condemn. So they find me unique and interesting. Show you faith through love, and many will wonder how you do it. I can't remember where I read that, but I always thought it was a great quote.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2010