Before or after? PIOG

I am due July 22 with this baby but I will have to have a c section because of a previous classical c section and the risk of uterine rupture... Anyways my sons birthday is July 19, so do I have his birthday around the first week of July, before the baby is born or after to be closer to his b day? He will be 3.

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you are feeling up to it, I would do it after. Just to reinforce that even though there is a new baby, you're not going to forget about him. And he'll have something special to look foward to as well. Like, I have a new baby AND i get a bday party! woohoo! lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I would do it before bc you may not feel up to it afterward plus you will have a new baby to deal with. Give your son undivided attention for his birthday then let the new one come.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• have it before...people are going to want to see the new baby which might, unintentionally take away from your sons bday party.

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Does he know his birthdate? Does he generally know what date it is on any given day? If not, it won't matter when you have the party--he will know it is his day that day and that is all the matters. How big of a party to do you usually have? If it were me, I would probably have a small get-together with close family and a couple of friends on his actual birthday, but I am a little nuts!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• He won't understand that it isn't his actual birthday. I would do it before hand so he has your undivided attention. You don't know how you will be feeling afterwards, particularly if either of you has complications.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Also, we don't do parties on the actual birthday unless they happen to fall on a weekend. We are very loose about that in our family.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I was in the same boat as you are now. We scheduled my csection a week to the before my sons bday so that way I could celebrate is bday.
    angellove29115

Answer by angellove29115 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2010