Teaching Crafts

Please Help. I'm looking to earn x-tra income by teaching my craft to others. How do I go about getting started? For example, making colorful money roses is one of the crafts. Thank you, in advance.

DOIOU2

Asked by DOIOU2 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Well one way to go about this is to see if your local town has a community center or community learning. Here in the small suburb I live in our town has seasonal community classes anyone within the town can take for a fee. Classes from learning computers, crafts, swimming, karate, day trips, cooking, even medical terminology. In our area we get the course catalog in the mail 4 times a year and it always has a section about where to apply to be a teacher and teach a specific course. You could see if there is something like that in your area.....or just contact any local community centers and see if they accept teachers for craft classes (then you just charge a fee to those who wish to participate.

If you can't find that, you may want to look into just renting a room at a community center, library, or someplace else and advertise it yourself.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I hate to break it to you, but teaching crafts is never profitable. You will spend a fortune trying to get started, and people will not be willing to pay you enough to make your per-hour income worth the time you'll be spending preparing, teaching and cleaning up.
    Anonymous

• Try teaching your craft online. Setting up a website is easy and you can reach a lot more people than you could in a community center. Want free advertising? Make video snippets and post them on you tube with a link to your site.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2010