Has anyone had a water birth or water labor?

I wanted to do water labor with my first but there were like 7 people in the room and by the time I was ready to get in I was in pain. How was it for you. What should I expect. Recommendations?

AllisaMyJoy

Asked by AllisaMyJoy at 12:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For my third baby, my hospital room had a jacuzzi and I stayed in that until I was ready to push. I loved it. My sister was in the room with me, so I wore my hospital gown into the tub. It was great because I could switch positions to help my labor along. When I couldn't stand the pain anymore I moved to the bed and my baby was born 30 minutes later. No drugs either.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I just had my fourth baby in September- VBAC water birth at home. The best birth I had, she was born in the water. I had a tank top on because I had quite a few people in the room with me as well. I've said this a couple times here on CM now, but I highly recommed the book Birthing from Within. I walked around alot and got in the tub for the last 45 minutes. Once I got in, it felt so good! You can just let your body relax, very suprising. Loved it! Good luck to you and let us know.
    Sacheen.T.

Answer by Sacheen.T. at 1:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• i labored in the water during my labor w/ my son. it was a big tub in a hospital. i kept water birth as an option but i felt like getting out after a while. while i was in there though, the water really really did seem to help with the pain and i definitely would love the option to labor in the water, or even birth there with my future births =)

good luck :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2010