at what point is love not enough.... or is it even love?

this morning I have read some odd posts about cheating. why do you consider it love if you are with a cheater? at what point do you decide that your "love" isnt enough and just leave the cheater? Did you grow up in a home that taught you to stay with a cheater? Make a stupid choice in men?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is something I wonder about a lot too.
    I think there's a lot of denial that happens when someone is cheated on. There was for me at least.
    "He loves me, he just made a mistake."
    "I love him, we can get through this."

Same old story.

For me though, once that seed of doubt has been planted, it's hard to shake that feeling of mistrust.
    Wondering where he is when he's not home, wondering if he in fact IS where he says he is, with who he claims to be with, wondering if the reason I haven't noticed anything going on is because there hasn't been anything going on or if it's because he's learned from his mistakes and knows how to cheat better and not be caught.

For me, if there's no trust, there's no love.
    If there's no love, there's no point.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I guess it's up to the individual on that one. I know a guy who loves his wife more than anything but he's a sex addict (NO, not Tiger!). He can't stop himself. He can't stop without help and he's too macho to go get help. Now if you are talking about guys who stray once, I think it can be worked out. If they are not sex addicts but still cheat repeatedly then it's not love or if it's love on your part it may not be love on his part. I had to finally leave my x bc he just had no will power to say no if a woman threw herself at him. He had such low self esteem that he thought they were really in to him but he was a man of power and they only wanted something from him, mostly money. Sad. yes, even good looking wealthy men have low self esteem sometimes.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• See, to me if he really loved his wife and saw that his addiction was hurting her then he would swallow his pride and go get help. In my humble opinion, it's incredibly selfish of him to not even bother trying to do anything about his addiction.

Also in my personal opinion, I agree that some couples can get past a partner's infidelities. I couldn't.
    I have never cheated on anyone and never will. If I am not committed to a person then I will not be in a relationship with them.
    If they strayed once and were forgiven then what's to stop them from doing it again?
    Once my trust has been betrayed it's difficult to earn it back.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2010