starting to get on my nerves!

I do the majority of the h.s. carpooling. Im still a sahm and am available to do it... so there ya go. I dont mind too much but I absolutly hate that with ALL the driving I do I still have to go pick my kid up at peoples homes. Why cant they drive the extra 2 miles to drop my kid off at my door??!!! What is wrong with these parents??? What is an extra couple miles... do they have any idea how many miles I drive a week with their kids in my car????

btw... this is not a slam on working parents... this is specific to my kid's friends' parents........so dont even start that whole stupid debate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• The whole idea of getting someone to drive them is to come pick them up and drive them. If you wanted it another way you should have set it up that way.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• When I pick up the kids from an event I take each kid to his/her home. These parents are picking up the kids from and event and taking them to their home...then we have to go pick the kids up from their home. WTH???

OP
    Anonymous

• Well it isn't going to stop until you tell them you are unhappy about it. My sister is the same way. Everytime we carpool, it works to her advantage. She lives 5 miles from me, everytime I have to drive the extra distance. UGH. I finally told her we would drive our own kids, and she would drive hers. Plus her oldest son is a bully and is ALWAYS rude to me and my son.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• The best way to solve this is from now on let the parent know what time to pick there kids up at your home. Your time and gas money is just a valuable. Or you can continue to be your conscientious self and keep doing what your doing.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Why can't they take public transit?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• rkoloms... we have none in our area.

OP
    Anonymous

• I had this problem too, as the sahm, but once the kids started driving it got better, but then I did find out a lot of stuff while driving!! What worked for me what I turned the tables on the other parents, when I would pick up their kids I would make them get picked up at my house!! After a couple times of that they got the message. "Sure I'll pick you up from the mall, just tell your parents to pick up at my house". It worked for me!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2010