Does this sound like a gallbladder issue?

So last week i started with a dull ache in my lower stomach, left side. Now this week its more of a constant dull pain, but has radiated around to my back too--If i'm holding my son, the pain will even be up my entire back and arm --Last night we went and ate Mexican--Fried Tacos--My stomach really hurt after that. --but everything i've read says that gallbladder attacks are on your right side; this is all on my left? Could it still be my gallbladder ?

Lanasmom

Asked by Lanasmom at 1:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Health

• Mine was right under my ribs, kinda in the middle. But definitely under the ribs. Lower could be something else. I would go see a doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• My gallbladder attacks felt more like in my chest and upper back, I literally felt like I couldn't breathe and was doubled over in pain. I doubt what you are describing is a gallbladder attack, it wouldn't be that low and it wouldn't really be a dull pain or ache...it would be excruiciating pain and higher up.

Pain wouldn't radiate up to your arm from a gallbladder attack either, that's some sort of nerve pain or damage (similiar to sciatic pain that radiates down your back butt and leg when your sciatic nerve is pinched)!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It might be kidneys if it hurts in your back. Just go get it checked out. My daughter has been havingstomach trouble since November and they can't find anything wrong I hope you get an easy diagnosis.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I just had my gallbadder taken out 2 months ago. The pain was all on the right side and in the back on the right. I don't think it's your gall badder at all.
    mtwest

Answer by mtwest at 11:34 AM on Mar. 30, 2010