buying a house- recently

Has anyone bought a house recently? Did you come up with any problems in teh process of going thru the seller or the bank? My fiance and I are currently waitin for the banks response, because its a short sale. the seller already accepted the offer....But I am just curious and wanting to watch out for any traps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Never bought a house on a short sale but I hear you should not get in a hurry because the original lender sure won't. Many times they wait to see if trhey get any better offers . Hope it works out for you.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I bought this house we are in now. This Febuary will be 3 years since we been here. It took us I think like 3 or 4 months to finish up everything to get the house. We started right after Thanksgiving and we were in by Febuary 17th I think so not even 4 months. We had no problems, but we bought the house from my uncle.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• So you are not married? Who's house is it going to be? Are you both on the loan?

Answer by louise2 at 1:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• that is our business...thanks.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I are in the process....we were going to buy a short sale but we heard that the bank normally ALWAYS turns down people. We're in the process now of being preapproved and are waiting for a response. My realtor told me it could take months for the bank to approve on a short sale. GL to you!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 2:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Unless you both are on the loan. It is not both of yours house. It will either be his or yours. Sense you are not married. Just trying to give you some advice.

Answer by louise2 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2010