Kindergarten

I still have a little while, but in about a year and a half my oldest will be starting kindergarten. :( My question is for enrollment what is to be expected? Payment, info, or anything else I may need to know. My hubby and I are always tight on money, so curious what I should be doing to prepare for it. I hate to get there and not have what we need. Thanks/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Enrollment fees are different in each district. Some schools have material fees, while others don't. You need to contact your local school district. They will be be able to tell you everything. Their website may even have the info.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Well it depends, publis school is free, home owners pay taxes that provide the schooling. Enrolling was as simple and completing the paperwork you call and request and making sure your child has the updated vaccinations and doctor visit. I know in our district a signed paper from the dentist is also required.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I have two kids in school...one is 1st grade the other in kinder, and i've never had to pay any enrollment fees. Just a medical and dental checkup, with emergency contact info and stuff of the like was filled out.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• our school starts registration in January for the following september.

in June we go to an orientation (meet the teacher, learn about kindergarten). then first day of school we go, sign up for a meet the teacher and staggered entry for the kids.

on the meet the teacher day we fill out all the forms, and pay the $75 or whatever it is (I can't remember from my older girls) while teacher meets the student and does a couple little exercises.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• our school started taking names in march before the school year started. they gave a packet of information and requirements at that time.we were required to have had a physical, vision and hearing test. we opt out of vaccines, so we signed a waiver for that. we also had to prove residency and fill out a couple of more forms. so the only fees involved for us was the physical. we did spend about $15 in school supplies for the class before school started.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• im in so cal and never had an enrollment fee for public school
    Anonymous