Stay at Home Mom Looking to Work from Home

I would love to stay at home with my little boy who is about to be one month old in a few days. But, financially this is not the most logical plan. He is my first child and it breaks my heart at the thought of leaving him so soon to get back to work!
I know there are a lot of moms out there who work from home. So, I would like to reach out to all of you to offer me some advice or even what type of business opportunities are out there for stay at home mothers.
Your help is greatly appreciated!
thank you

wicksmom

Asked by wicksmom at 2:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am a stay at home mom too. I am thinking about selling cosmetics. Maybe you could look into something like that. I'm going to try it. It would be more convenient for me. Baby sitters and Day Care are so expensive and you never really know what goes on. So working from home would be my choice.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 2:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Take in a child or two in your home. You will have to find out what is legal in your state before you have to be lienced. But I really like it. I get to stay home with my girls.
    Anonymous

• I hated being home all day with the kids and feeling like I was contributing nothing to the family. I wanted us to get ahead and saw no way that I could help without figuring out how to work from home. I went through a number of home based jobs and businesses before finding one that I really loved. With Ameriplan I get to bring in a great income from home - with my kids...  We are the nation's leading discount for service company. Our home based business owners earn daily income for new business, monthly pay for old business (yes, we keep paying you) and weekly bonuses... Plus you'll get benefits and other money saving tools. We have the companies leading team with home based moms earning up to six figures in as little as 3-5 years.

Check out my website and let me know what you think!
    www.ThisisAmeriplan.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 3:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Not too long ago, I was looking for a way to work at home. I finally found a legit business that has helped me stay home with my 6 year old little girl while she's not in school. Since she goes to a year round school it would cost too much to be putting her in and pulling her out of daycare every few months. Up until now, I only found scams. If you are motivated, you can make money at home. I work from my kitchen table opening up accounts for a billion dollar, International Company who is highly recognized with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). There is no hype here. Just real, legitimate business!! This is NOT MLM like your Amway, etc. Fortunately, there's NO selling, ordering, parties or delivering of products!!! Request more info through my site at http://www.thefreedomunitedteam.com/JC23201 and to set up a time to talk in detail.

CarolinaMom626

Answer by CarolinaMom626 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Real JOBS that hire EMPLOYEES to work @ home( American Airlines,1600 CONTACTS,UHual etc..)

WAH List

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• If you got o care.com they have a calculater.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I sell and recruit for Avon. I have been with the company for 27 years and it has paid alot of bills. Visit my profile or message me if you want to learn more.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I work from home filling out surveys and offer if intrest msg here or famedcheeze@yahoo.com free to join and can show proff of payment
    famedcheeze

Answer by famedcheeze at 10:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2010