What business should I start?? - not a place for your ads!

I am looking to start a second business. I already have one with Ameriplan, but need to get out of the house, I hate being home all the time!

Here is what I need...
A company where I can do parties and vendor shows
A company with a catalog or book that I can order LOTS of so that I can do book parties or leave them around as ads...
A company where I can get either samples or products to make samples at a low cost...
I would like to be able to offer coupon codes or something to new or return customers
And something where a website as well as website ordering is available for repeat orders or long distance orders.

I've been with Avon & Mela, I'm not interested in those. I would prefer to have low or no quotas and no more than a $100-$200 start up with low monthly fees or no monthly fees...

Please make sure to leave your site and contact info so that I can contact you if I'm interested...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• OP HERE

Please don't think I'm being a bitch here. But I know that when you have a business time is money, and I see no reason for you or I to waste time talking about a business which won't fit my needs.

Thanks!
    Anonymous

• What about that "Scentsy" thing. I don't know much about it other than a girl I went to high school is selling it.
    It's scented candles and there are parties much like tupperware parties for example.

Or you could do the sex toy parties. If it's something you're comfortable with. I've been to a couple with a bunch of girlfriends and they're a hoot.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• You do not want to start a business, you want to find a company to represent.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• rkolms - She is looking for a HOME BASED BUSINESS!!! Guess what that means - a business!

Why do you always have to be so hateful? Do you need therapy or something? Every post you answer gets nasty and anger filled responses... There is no need for that. If you can't help - MOVE ON!!

OP - Good Luck and ignore her attitude!
    Anonymous

• OP Here - Thanks Laila! I have been thinking about Scentsy, but I need to know more about it first.
    And I did sell "toys" before I was married, but my DH thinks they are immoral and I didn't want to make waves in my relationship - so I quit. Plus, most of the people around were not interested in that stuff, I even got hate mail!
    But thanks for your help!

rkoloms... Thanks for your needless two cents. Thankfully I have learned to ignore just about everything you say at this point. To repeat what Anon said... if you can't help, don't answer!
    Anonymous

• If you are interested in all natural products from candles to mineral make up I may have what you are looking for. You can do candles or mineral make up or both.
    Here is what I need...
    A company where I can do parties and vendor shows- yes you can retail however you would like
    A company with a catalog or book that I can order LOTS of so that I can do book parties or leave them around as ads...We have catalogs that change about 4 times per year
    A company where I can get either samples or products to make samples at a low cost... you can make your own scent samples very inexpensively
    I would like to be able to offer coupon codes or something to new or return customers- you sent the price for your products so you can offer coupons and discounts to your customers (we do have SRP but that is just for guidance)
    Continued

Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• And something where a website as well as website ordering is available for repeat orders or long distance orders. We do have a company website that you can use as your storefront

I've been with Avon & Mela, I'm not interested in those. I would prefer to have low or no quotas and no more than a $100-$200 start up with low monthly fees or no monthly fees... We have no sales quotas to meet and you can get started for as little as $49.95. We do have a monthly fee of $39.95 but this does include products that you can retail.

Take a look at my website and let me know if I can be of any help. www.HomeAtMiaBella.com

Good luck in your search.

Kari
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

This is what I do to get time out of the house...and to make some money. Happy to help if you have any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I do Beachbody - it's a health & wellness company that sells workout videos(P90X,HipHopAbs, Turbo Jam) and supplements.

I've done vendor shows and they have alot of the things you've listed above. If you are into healthy living this is for you.
    I do weekly workout groups and some Beachbody folks do parties and potluck/workout sessions.
    It's very versatile, so you can customize it to suit your needs.

Beachbody has been in business for 10 yrs.
    www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs click on Become a Coach and it will explain the biz, then you can contact me if you are interested.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 6:14 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I work with Isagenix. There are monthly quotas but for me that doesn't matter because I use love their products and was a user of them before I signed up to "sell." Their compensation plan is generous.

www.simplecleansing.com

Message me if you want more info. :)
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 10:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2010