what would you do ?

What would you do if you found out that one of your children was switched at birth with someone else...

- Would you "switch back" and so you could have your biological child, or keep the one that you have raised (so far) ....

- What if this other person was gettin the law involved so they could get their biological child back ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no idea, marry the other mother?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Oh man, what a horrible, horrible thought!!!

I would keep the one I've raised so far, or at least I'd want to.
    If I found out either of my kids right now weren't biologically mine, I'd be shocked and devastated, but more about the thought of losing them than the thought of them not being biologically mine.

If the other person was getting the law involved them I would find the best damn lawyer I could and fight it.
    I would try and work out some way for us to keep raising the kids we've been raising but allow each other to be involved with our biological children's lives as well.

Oooooor I'd hire a hit man and have all of the kids for my own. j/k
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• You are watching too many soap operas.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 4:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• No this is from a real story i heard some time ago and i always wondered what I would do ( I still dont know) .... What i heard was 2 girls were switched ( born at the same hospital, same day) ..... one of the little girls was killed in a car accident when she was like 3 ( or around that age) ...and they must of did a test on her or something but they somehow found out she wasnt biologically that moms...so she searched for her birth daughter and when she found her bio. daughter she took it to court to try and get her......I am not for sure when it happened ...but I am pretty sure she just ended up getting sometype of visitation
    Anonymous

• Luckily I don't have to worry about it since my hospital doesn't ever let the baby leave the mother and father's sight.
    Anonymous

• Id keep the child I had been raising but try and work out visitation with the other family so we could all visit our bio children. I wouldnt want to nor could I just hand over a child Ive raised and loved and cared about and for since birth.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• im not sure what i would do. of course i would want to keep the child i have, but i would also want my bio child too. if the other family was getting the law involved, they shouldnt come after me..they should go after the hospital. If its like a PP and my bio child was killed in an accident, there is no way i would give them their child. Im not going from a wonderful family that i rasied to nothing..not going to happen. Im sure the courts would agree.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I agree with Amaranth.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• This has actually happened in Buena Vista, VA and UVA Charlottesville in 1998. It was ugly and sad. I don't know what I would do. They figured it out early and it was still ugly. What if it were years before you found out? Then you have the same bond that adoptive parents have except you never knew you "adopted" the child. I would want the child I raised but visit the biological child. I wouldn't be able to give my child back.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I would want to keep the child i had raised. and hopefully have visitation with my bio child. If the other mother wanted to fight it, i'd fight back. Biology is the LEAST of what makes a woman a mother.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2010