Evil Imaginary Friend?

My daughter's 4. She has had an imaginary friend, Derwin, for a while now. I didn't think anything of it despite how strange it was that she said he is a grown up. Then we found out that Derwin is a very old form of the name Darwin. Well since Derwin came into her life she has been a sassy, disrespectful, cussy, violent, angry child. A couple weeks ago I found one of her barbies hanging up by one of her Mardi Gras necklaces with the arms tied behind the back with a hair tie and another hair tie around the legs. We do not let her watch violent tv or movies etc and she is not abused in anyway. My husband is worried that Derwin is an evil spirit or something. Does anyone have experience with anything like this or know who we could contact? We live in southern New England.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• So then to me, there's a good chance it's a spirit she's seeing. Could be a little boy or teen boy or something who hasn't left that old house for some reason. A few things can be done. You can have a priest out to bless the house and ask spirits to go to the light, you can light sage and walk around the house, you yourself can just tell this spirit to go to the white light of the holy spirit and say this is no longer his home or you can move. Has she only had him in this house? You can also go to the public records and research old owners of the home or the land and see who owned it. You can look for death certificates which might explain an early death of this Derwin but keep in mind, she could be interpreting the name. You may have to be persistent at telling this spirit to go "home" over and over for a few months. I wouldn't worry unless her behavior is worse or it's upsetting her. Have you ever seen or heard anything?
    Anonymous

• How long has she had Derwin? Do you live in an old house? Is there any mental health problems on either side of the family? Can you answer those ?'s first?
    Anonymous

• Derwin has been around for a year and a half to 2 years. Our house is the second oldest in our neighborhood. Our neighborhood was a farm at one time and this was the farm manager's house. It was built in the mid 1800's. My husband's family has asperger's but we have talked to her pediatrician and she doesn't have it.
    Anonymous

• wow thats creepy..have yall tired praying>?
    Anonymous

• Yes, I pray though not necessarily to rid us of Derwin. My husband is agnostic. Honestly I think if Derwin is an evil spirit we need more than our prayers anyway.
    Anonymous

• OMG anon at :44 you are CRAZY!
    Anonymous

• To the person who suggested killing her...um I HOPE you were joking. I am serious about this issue.
    Anonymous

• Have you ever seen or heard anything?

My husband has seen a woman in pink. He thought it was me at first but then realised that I was in the other room so it wasn't me. Our things get moved frequently. Such as the remote will be moved and we'll look and look and all of a sudden it will be in the middle of the couch out in the open. Also my husbands alarm clock will get unplugged and moved across the room.
    Anonymous

• Contact someone DEFINITELY!!
    Anonymous

• Our cats are not afraid here ever. Just an FYI
    Anonymous