Need help organizing!!!

I have 4 kids so my house is always cluttered. I have tried everything to organize but it doesnt help bc I dont have alot of storage space in the house. Anything I can do? I am looking for cheap easy ideas.

indigo645

Asked by indigo645 at 4:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

Level 3 (-18 Credits)
  • I think people often overlook wall space for storage solutions. You can buy modular wall unit sections at places like Target, Sears, Home Depot, Lowes, and Walmart. Then install them in various configurations in the sizes and shapes you need.

A MUCH cheaper idea is to individually cover a series of large cardboard boxes, laying on their sides with the top or largest opening facing towards you, with pretty wrapping paper, connect them together and fasten to wall with a bunch of push pins, or short finishing nails!

Shelves can also be made from scrap pieces of plywood--perhaps you can get a discount from Home Depot or Lowes? Spray paint them in bright colors, and install using inexpensive wall brackets.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My Dollar Tree (dollar store) store has some really great baskets in different shapes and sizes. Whenever you have some extra money, pick them up.

I also buy the plastic stackable drawers at Big Lots or Walmart. I take pictures of the contents for my kids' toys/rooms and tape them to the front.

If you haven't used it or seen it in 3-6 months, toss it.

Look up your local chapter of Freecycle.org and get rid of it. Or have a yard sale.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 3:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2010