breastfeeding pain??

I am 16 days PP and starting lastnight have been having a pain at the top of my breast and right at my shoulder blade when nursing. any ideas what this can be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• not really but i had the same pain i just used a rice bag on it and it went away if it gets worse call the local hositals breastfeeding speicalist.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• it could be a few things. what postion are you in when you're nursing? i mean are u laying down or are u sitting up is the baby latched on correctly? bring baby to breast not breast to baby. i had to keep telling myself that one when i was nursing. i had a tendancy to lean over which caused me discomfort. what u can do is put a pillow under baby to bring him/her up higher to you.
    Anonymous

• If the pain is new then you could have thrush or mastitis. You should give your dr a call.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It could be a clogged duct. Try putting heat on the painful areas.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 6:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2010