Do you think less of a mother if her children have different fathers?

Why or Why not? under what circumstances is it ok to you for a woman to have children with different dads?

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 5:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes.... unless....

She was married, had kids, her husband died, she remarried after an acceptable amount of time, and had another kid.... THEN I wouldn't think poorly of her.

If she was married, got a divorce, after an acceptable time got remarried, and had another kid.... Then I wouldn't think poorly of her

Anonymous

• IT depends. If the woman had a kid from one relationship, and now is in a stable relationship with another, and has kids with him, NO. I think that's pretty normal.

If a woman has 3, 4, or 5 kids all from different men, and she has NOT had a stable relationship with any of them, I'd think trashy and irresponsible. ::shrugs::
    Anonymous

• um depends on how many children she has if she has 4 or more and all have different fathers then maybe but as long as she's a good mother i dont care. If a mother have several kids from different fathers and didnt know who the fatehrs were then i would think less of her because its the children that suffer just because she didnt use proper forms of BC and slpet around with many men at the time on conception but like i said as long as she's a good mother and takes care of her children who cares if they have different fathers
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I think that sometimes crap happens. IE young girl makes mistake and is a very young parent ( I was one) Obviously odds are she will not be with the same man. It is just how it normally works out. Situations like that I think really nothing. Now things like my mother where 4 of us all have different fathers. That I think is trashy. There is no need to have that many different men fathering your children. The rest of my siblings are from my father and 4th Step father. My father has 2 with the same woman ( excluding me) and my step father has 4 more ( besides my sister) with the same woman. Frankly I think my mother should had kept her legs closed for a little while and found the right guy with out using sex.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I think its none of my business who their fathers are. If she is a woman who has kept her children and loves them she's a class act in my book.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• i think she has no idea what BC is...that or she has a nasty girl power attitude and no smart guy will do anything besides have sex with her.
    Anonymous

• Nope. Why should I?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I generally try not to jump to conclusions about people that I don't know so I think as long as she is a good mother and her kids are happy and healthy then there's no problem.

It's really none of my business why her kids have different dads nor is my place to judge her for it.
    I wouldn't want to be judged if for some reason I ever found myself in that situation.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Depends on the situation. It does look "bad" if a mom has different children by different dads and they are close together. But I also look down on a mom with the same dead beat dad who she chooses to keep around. Basically, its just all about making good decisions.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It depends on the situation I have three kids two different dads but a woman with three kids three dads never married or commited to someone really should try bc or abstaining.
    Anonymous