Anyone have a convertible crib? Would you suggest them?

I was looking at convertible cribs and think that in the long run it would be more convenient since it can be made into a toddler bed and full size for when they are older. Would you suggest this kind of crib or not?

tiffanyjt22

Asked by tiffanyjt22 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Shopping

• I do not have one, but my best friend and her husband do. She loves it. She told me I should get one this time around LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• not at all! i have a 300 dollar one i dont use.1st i have a boy and when it turns to a bed it looks like a girls daybed,not only that but im not a person thats gonna stick to same style or theme for that long,my kid is not gonna keep his crib till he is 18,i think its not a good idea imo.
    Anonymous

• i have one and it is amazing. definately worth the lil bit of extra money. and its really sturdy.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• We have one and love it, I think it will save us money in the long run.
    MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 5:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I like ours. My son never slept in a toddler bed, but we have his as a headboard now.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• we got one and i like, and i don't think ours looks girly at all. it just depends on the style. And when our son does go into a big bed we will probably get him a different bed, we did for our daughter. We went with a slightly more expensive and elaborate one when our daughter out grew the crib. But then we reused the crib for our son, and will reuse the crib again if we have another baby, but when all the kids are to big for a toddler bed if none of them want it, we will use the head board for our guest bed.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I don't see the sense in doing that if you're going to have more kids - either you end up having to buy a big bed anyway, or you have to buy another crib.

Answer by missanc at 9:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I didn't ask what made sense, I was just asking people who HAVE THEM if they liked them or not before I bought one. I think they seem to be worth it.
    tiffanyjt22

Answer by tiffanyjt22 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2010