Ok now that I am in a better frame of mind I am going to reask this... Is this really so hard to believe?

That a lot of Christianity was originally derived from pre-Christian pagan culture.

Virtually nothing about Jesus "the Christ" is original or new.
http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2003/04/is-christianity-based-on-pagan-roots.php

The Trinity doctrine is not unique to, nor original with, Christianity. It has deep Pagan roots, dating back to at least two centuries BC, and has been prominent in many Eastern religions ever since.
http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=63

In Ad 325, the Roman Catholic Church was created by a pagan emperor named Constantine
http://www.northernway.org/pagandna.html

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 6:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• BUT it is hard for me to believe that you are a Christian, as you claim.

And I find it hard to believe that someone who claims to be a Christian, walking in the path of Jesus, could be so judgmental, so I guess that means you aren't one, either?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Christianity seems to have a twin brother in the mystical faith practised in Persia approximately six centuries before Christ; Mithraism.
    http://newageofreason.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/the-pagan-roots-of-christianity-2/

Even this one has proof it is just more hateful...
    http://www.exposingchristianity.com/New%20Testament.html

I mean really why can't we except that this is true. I believe whole heartedly in Christianity and still except facts why can't any one. We should not put down the pagans. They have allowed us gracefully to adapt a lot of what is theirs into our faith. Why can't we just except we are more closely realated than what is taught in sunday school?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It's not hard for me to believe that Catholicism is derived from pagan/Christian compromises. BUT it is hard for me to believe that you are a Christian, as you claim.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• LOL Lex my thoughts exactly.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 6:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Why is that because I do study things, because I accept truth when I see it, or because I don't refere every one to the bible in every question I see. I don't care if you think I am or not I know what I am and can except all aspects of it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

-------------
    Mithraism is Catholicism's twin, bu then, Satan has created many look-a-likes to the Gospel. If you were truly a Christian you'd believe that the story of Christ didn't began with the incarnation of Jesus. It is as Eternal as God is. God was around long before there was a Pagan belief system.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Mithraism is Catholicism's twin, bu then, Satan has created many look-a-likes to the Gospel. If you were truly a Christian you'd believe that the story of Christ didn't began with the incarnation of Jesus. It is as Eternal as God is. God was around long before there was a Pagan belief system.

News for you Catholic is Christian. Also I didn't say I believe it. Or that I don't believe the story of Jesus to be true. I said I can except the similarities and that a lot of what we believe how we whorship, exc. was barrowed from pagan history. How does that make me an untrue Christian.

Thank NP
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• News for you Catholic is Christian
    -------------
    LOL, there are Catholic Christians (followers of Christ), but by no means is Catholicism Christianity. LOL
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• We shall know them by their fruits, and her fruits are of her father the devil.

Ya ok. Sure your right because a Christian gives the devil that much vindication in being A father when the only father of which you are speaking is god. I'm the false Christian funny isn't it. How some show there lack of belief through the word claiming other aren't true believers makes sense.LOLLOLLMAO
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I study,too. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see paganism within Catholicism. Accept your truth by all means, but must you lie and take Christ's name in vain by calling yourself Christian? You're not a Christian, you are confused.

Sure I take his name in vein be calling myself a Christian. Please go read the ten commandments and the bible. You speak rubbish.

Look up the definition of Christ and see how false you are.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010