Why is my registration sticker more expenisve than my husbands if our vehicles are both 2003's?

Hi I wanted to know what is 10 dlls gift tax? Also is it less taxes when you bought the vehicle or when you got it as a gift? Also whats the percentage of the taxes? Do they go by the amount you bought it for, like if you bought it for 500 will it be less taxes then if you were to buy it for 1,000? Please reply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• In this state, registration fees are based on the vehicle's MSRP.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• whats MSRP?
    Texas. 2004 AND OLDER MODELS.................................................. $40.80 and i'm being charged 62.80!!!
    Anonymous

• How many times are you going to post this damn question? Call title and registration Monday and ask them.
    Anonymous

• Last annonymous until I get a damn good answer! I already tried calling last week and its just a machine and today there closed! If you dont like it cover you damn eyes! hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa
    Anonymous

• Manufacturer's suggested retail price, the price the car should have been when it was purchased new. My registration this year was $372 and my husband's was $285. Consider yourself lucky.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• In Chicago, SUVs pay more than sedans

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2010