my 15 yr old little sister...

I don't know what to do about her... my mom is asking for my help one day and the next making excuses for her rotten behavior she cusses like its going out of style and has slept with two guys already both one time things. She won't talk to me because I "don't understand". Her bestfriend is 22 and seems to encourage this whole business of taking her pants off to either get or keep a guy. With a new boyfriend every week and giving some sort of sexual favor after a day or two she's going to end up with a bad reputation and I don't think that's going to make it easy for her to finish highschool. What can I say or do to get both my sister and my mom to pull their heads out of their asses before I'm throwing a babyshower for a 15 yr old? (or worse) : ( btw I'm only 25 so yes I remember being a teenager.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• sounds like mom needs a class on parenting. Im not sure if you can do anything. Just try to be the moral compass best you can.

Anonymous

• Theres nothing you can really do, my mom is the same way except my mom will call me only when shes been drinking and ask me for help cause its either my little brother whos 20 or sister whos now 16 that are always getting in trouble and then she turns around and takes nothing I said seriously and continues to not change anything. So every time she would call I would just tell her no that Im not talking to her about them any more because it goes in one ear and out the other, wais of my time. Now I dont talk to any of my family, sad but there either drug addicts or alcoholics and I just cant deal with them any more. I have a family of my own and a little baby girl due next month so Im not going to let any one rain on my parade any more.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 6:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• wel at 15 how does she have a best froiend thats 22???.. they cant be in school, shes barly old enought o work.. you need to talk to your mom seriously, but ist your sisters life... i would start to tell her that becasue of her beahrior she reminds you of a slut, sometimes that works.... but with you being 10 y/older.... evry teen thinks they know evrything, she elarn her lesson and understand what you mean as she ages... tell her to listen to some taylore swift in the mean time... the lyrics are great for teens and tell the truth most of the time... speacily the song 15.....
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Hey i'm right there with ya. My sister is 14 and her best friend is sexually active. She's also admitted to being at a sex party. Like the ones ADULTS have. There were teenagers there just having sex all over the place. I keep telliing my mom but she's just not getting it. I told her the next time she calls me about my sister i'm gonna hang up.

There is nothing you can do. Let it be. She's not your child. I'm not trying to sound harsh. But you dont need to be stressed out about something thats out of your hands.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 7:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• the mothers of these nasty, dirty and skanky teenage girls need to control their children!! wtf is wrong with these parents? why should the sisters of these girls be so worried and have to watch out for them? thats the job of their parents- these young girls are going to end up pregnant with aids!! sorry to sound so freaken mean but thats so f---ed up- thumbs up to the sisters that at least care-thumbs down to the loser parents and loser parenting skills!!
    j-hunt

Answer by j-hunt at 9:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Get her tested for STDs and pregnancy.

Then, ask her what her plans are for the next five years. How does education fit into that plan? What are her hopes and dreams?

I suspect that she is suffering from depression, and needs therapy.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• *OP* Thanks everyone for responding... about getting her tested my mom took her in last week, I made the appt. She got on BC just 2 days after starting her pill she had sex... She knew better her doctor told her 2 weeks! I honestly think she's doing it for attention and wants 'grown up' problems she is hanging around a 22 yr old.
    Anonymous