Maybe a dumb question about a carseat

My 3 year old daughter is about 40 pounds and about 43 inches ( she is tall and slim) ...but she keeps saying she wants a booster seat for her birthday ( seen one at the store) ......I am talking about the ones that look like a regular carseat ( that has the back, not just the part you sit on) ...... But even if she is big enough for it, I dont like the idea of her being in one that doesnt have the straps ( using the regualr seatbelt instead)..

Do they have some like that, where can I get them ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 6:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• there are some that have the 5 point harness, just go online and check around, i know im using one.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• i'm a little confused what your saying, but i'm having a very blonde day. So you want a high back booster seat with straps, and she wants a high back booster seat without straps? We have a booster that goes from i wanna say 21 pounds up to 100. it has the straps and different setting for the straps, but it also has the loop and low hip area so when they are a little bigger you can just use the seat belt, but i won't let my daughter use the seat belt part of it until she is so big she absolutely can't fit into the straps anymore. But i'm am a bit of a freak about the car seats. Good luck, and hope this helped. Oh yeah, and we also use a booster with a 5 point harness.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• We have a Graco Nautilus. It is only ff, so it's still in the attic, but it sounds like what you're talking about except it has the 5 point harness. It's really cool looking, it looks like a racecar seat. Here is a pic below.  It has over 1200 reviews and 5 stars.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Nautilus-3in1-Car-Bravo/8112222

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I also have the Graco Nautilus. I would reccommend it to every one I know. You can rest assured with your DD in it without using the available 5-pt harness if she doesn't like it, because there is a black strap with clips on the ends that you can put through the top of the back of the seat and buckle to the bar between the back of your car seat and the actual part you sit on. So you can buckle the carseat to the car, then buckle the seatbelt over her and she will be plenty safe.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• WalMart, BabiesRUs... Target maybe... KMart?

I got mine at BabiesRUs...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 7:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2010