Do you really think that a majority of Americans now like the health care bill/law?

I saw someone mention it in a post and wondered. My opinions haven't changed, but I haven't seen a current poll taken after the bill passed and reconciliation passed. Has anyone's opinion changed now?

MonicaE521

Asked by MonicaE521 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think we are all going to have to wait and see how it all pans out before we could make that call.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 6:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• This is a poll with Obama's overall approval

Overall, 47% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove.  http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

and for the HCR bill 55% want to see it repealed http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/march_2010/55_favor_repeal_of_health_care_bill

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:56 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• The last article I saw from someone claiming that showed 49% support, with something like 42% opposed and 8% not caring, and they were spinning it that 49% was the same as "the majority". That wasn't even a real poll, it was the kind that's taken on the side of the screen if you go to a website like cnn.com or something. I haven't seen anything yet that claims more than 50% (with or without the margin of error) support it, and the most recent poll taken before it passed had 56% of likely voters opposed, taken the weekend of the vote.

If you go to opencongress where the text of the bill is posted with all of its assorted changes and variations since it was first written, the approval rating there has been 25%, and that hasn't changed in over a month. I find that more telling that among those who have taken the time to at least visit the site where they can read it (if not read the whole thing) 3/4 oppose it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• No, I don't think the majority of Americans like the health care bill. That has been the whole problem. Our representatives didn't represent us. They went rogue.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I think if you live in a state that was for McCain, you disapprove of Obama and everything he does, including this health care bill.

Those states that support Obama continue to do so and wanted a health care bill.
    Anonymous

• I think some people agreed with what was in the bill but the deals and ugliness made them want it scrapped and just start over. I really think the Dems would have been better served to do just that. Work with the Republicans and find a compromise. I still say if this bill was as wonderful as they claim someone in the Republican party would have broken ranks and voted for it. If you follow the news bills are being passed daily with bi-partisan support so it is possible for them to agree.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I am tired of hearing that the American people do not want this healthcare reform. I wasn't asked - nor were any of my friends - and we are all FOR passage and glad it did. I think if the rhetoric of Glenn Dreck and Rush Limburger (they both smell bad) were shut off, almost all Americans would be in favor of this bill.
    Anonymous

• I think there is a SMALL but very vocal segment of our society that likes the IDEA of "Uncle Barry Care," but when and IF it actually comes to fruition, they'll be VERY sorry!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I think if the rhetoric of Glenn Dreck and Rush Limburger (they both smell bad) were shut off, almost all Americans would be in favor of this bill.

***
    Riiight. Because those of us who are AGAINST it, can't possibly think for ourselves, we need a couple of commentators to tell us what to think! LOL

Tell me, what SPECIFICALLY do you just LOVE about this bill? I'm not interested in talking points, and generalizations. Is it the TRILLIONS of dollars the government will be taxing us to pay for it, the dissolution of the Social Security Administration due to lack of funding, or all of the doctor's who will be forced into retirement, as well as small businesses closing up shop and even MORE people going on unemployment?!

Just curious.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• For cripes sake ..thank you Lori...im so sick of that tired old excuse to try and discredit those of us against this type of reform.Thats all some have though..same old tired shit..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2010