How do I keep my belly button piercing open when I get pregnant.

I wan to keep my belly button piercing while I'm pregnant. At what month would I have to take it out? Will it close if I do take it out, if so what can I do to keep it open. I know they make some extra long ones for pregnant women. Have any of you tried it, did you like?

LucyT20

Asked by LucyT20 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont know if it will close but you can use fishing line to keep it open.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• ouch!
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Mine worked it way through he skin long before I had to worry about it...so....I have no clue. I wish you luck though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• A friend found something online that looked like a little straw you put though the hole. Google it.
    Anonymous

• you can get the pregnancy ones many places online. That's what i would try. www.bodycandy.com has them ranging in price from about $6 to $11. If it were me, i'd take my chances with them. Oh, and they're not just extra long but alot of them are more flexible as well. Or if your having trouble finding them, just google pregnancy belly button rings. Good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• keep it in as long as you are comfortable and then, yes put some fishing line in it or a clear flexible retainer
    Anonymous

• I left my ring in until I started getting big and noticed it was starting to stretch. That was around 5-6 months. My hole never closed. I'm pretty sure it would take A LONG time to close if it's not a recent piercing. I haven't worn earrings in years and my holes are still open lol.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2010