installing lamintae flooring and baseboards

so my husband left a whole ince wide space/gap from the wall to the peice of laminate flooring all the way down one wall. um hello it shouldn't be more then .25 inch gap. so now i'm wondering do they make molding that is an inch thick at the base of it? i can't find my answer online. i really hope they do cause it's to late to repair and tear up the flooring now.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• if possible just have him unclick the last row of flooring and install a wider piece of laminiate. yes it is going to be a pain in the rear but at least it is done right. there are several trims and moulding that you can buy if necessary. you can look in to the end cap trim or the expansion trim but I dont think that either are wide enough for you. there are several mouldings at Home Depot that would work such as doing your base bord as a step down type of moulding (this may require you pulling up all your existing trim. Use a pre primed 1x6 or what ever on all walls at the same height and then place another trim piece (traditonal base or what ever) flush with the floor. This would require you to redo much of the base borad in the room or even the whole house and would be more expensive than unsnaping that last row that is too small.
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 12:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• home depo or that type store might be able to help you out.
    Anonymous

• well duh but i'm sick and won't stop my husband from working so until i get there i thought someone might be able to answer me. since i'm kinda freaking out. i mean this is a pretty simple and huge mistake.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2010