Remodleing our home, help!!!

We are redoing our dinning room and living room over, which it is great. Here is the problem, its taking too long, and I can not get him to move faster(husband), yes he works at his business, and I work too, but he is just moving too slow. He wants to do the kitchen next, how do I tell him, HIRE A CONTRECTORE!!!!!!

nena242

Asked by nena242 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Do the math at how much it would cost to eat out every day you can't cook in your kitchen...you can see if that really compares to how much you save by having him do the work when it takes so much longer.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• We are almost 1 year into our kitchen/toy room/living room remodel. The kitchen was the WORST!!!! Mainly because we've had to pull up the flooring twice then finally down to the rafters. It was annoying! My advice to you....start one room, finish one room and then move on from there. You really don't want to get too overwhelmed with the whole thing. Good luck! I have to tell you, when our kitchen was out of commission, I washed dishes in the bathroom sink, and used a propane camping stove out in the garage to cook. It sucked, but it is worth it now.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Are you working alongside him? Giving the kids small tasks?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Tell him "Hire a Contractor" .. Help him. Get the kids involved if it's a safe task. Get friends and family to help.
    If it's cheaper to do it yourself, which in most all cases it is, then he probably won't budge.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:57 AM on Mar. 30, 2010