Has anyone taken their Paragard out themselves??

I have had my Paragard for 3 years. Within the next year i am to get married and we are gonna try for a baby! So i was wondering, Has anyone ever taken their Paragard out themselves? As it is very expensive to take out. Yes I know it could scar you..I know there could be complications..I am talking to the people who have DONE IT or know someone who did it! So no smart 'A' answers! If you don't have something nice to say~GET OUT! Thanks to all who have constructive answers!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Health

• I had mine removed bc it was lodged in my cervix. Then I felt stupid because I could have saved myself 3 months of anguish while the doctor didn't listen to me or check me-- she pulled it out by the string, no instruments. It took all of about 4 seconds. The thing is quite springy and will collapse as it passes out of the uterus and through the cervix.

If you can't locate your strings yourself, you'll need a doctor to "dig it out." It'll be easiest to do while you are on your period because the cervix is softer and more open then. Pull down in the angle of your vaginal canal.

Is it possible to go to the health department and have them remove it on the sliding scale payment option?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• OMG thank you, thank you! for your answer and such a thorough answer at that!!! I feel much better about it now, if it comes down to that. Yes, a clinic may do it, but hopefully i will be on his insurance by the time we try for a baby. I was just curious if it was even possible to take it out yourself bc my Dr scared me about never take it out myself-come to her!!! Which IS better..but i've been wondering about this! Thank you again!
    Anonymous