Tell me about your most rotten-est day you've had with your toddler...please?

I had a crappy afternoon with my 21 month old. I decided to take her to the mall, to let her walk around, and to get an her ice cream cone. The little stinker threw tantrums almost the entire time we were there!!! She didn't want to hold my hand. She didn't want to walk in the same direction I was walking. I went into a store, and she ran away from me, spilling her ziplock bag of Cheerios down the entire length of the aisle! She was crying loudly, and kept going limp (you know what I mean-dropping to the floor while I'm holding her hand) I was beyond pissed, so I got a little loud. I was soooo embarrassed! I felt like a terrible mother.

I found a bench, parked her little behind on it, and called my SO, just to vent. He made me feel so much better.

Can you TOP my crappy day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have one for you. My husband and I went to walmart with the kids to do some shopping. At the time we just had two children my oldest son and my daughter. She was probably 2 at the time. My oldest 9. She was acting in a similar way you described so my husband decided to take her out to the car so I could pay. All the way out of the store my daughter is screaming " No...Mommy!" At the top of her lungs. When I got out to the car my husband is livid. He gets out to help me load the car and tells me that our daughter was making such a fuss that he was stopped in the parking lot because someone thought he was trying to kidnap our daughter.
    my3turtles

Answer by my3turtles at 11:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Well I probably could if I could remember in detail the days when my kids were toddlers. The good news is....It doesnt stay this way forever and you tend to forget days like this.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 8:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I had a similar day with my then 2 year old son. My sister and I took him to the mall, and we ended up having to carry him, with each one of us holding one hand, and eventually dragging him along the floor because he was just screaming and kicking the floor. You just have to grin and bear it, and if someone gives you a nasty look, offer to sell your kid to them. :D
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I took my 22 mo. old to the mall, I was 8 mo. pregnant. I was sitting with a girlfriend having a bite to eat while the two kids walked around the outdoor tables in the food court. I saw my daughter make an odd face, I got up to get her, and she started to run around towards me but a different path then I was taking.... she had diarrhea leaking out of her diaper the whole way through the food court. OMG the looks I got from people. It was soooo gross. We immediately left but it was a huge mess. I had to change her out of my trunk to even get her some what cleaned up before putting her in her car seat.

Anonymous

• i'm a single mom. lol. um... i've kind of gotten used to it, but my girls have a way of getting to me. i didn't go ANYWHERE today. my 2 year old stuffed a brand new roll of toilet paper down the toilet, and proceeded to try to flush it. she also got into my dry rice and poured it all over the floor TWICE. once on the carpet, once on the tile... heels to the head, butts in the face, screams in the ear... my girls are in bed now, and i'm feeling MUCH better about it now. i'm amazed that my 4 year old did so well today... maybe tomorrow she'll be on the clock.

gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:26 PM on Mar. 27, 2010