I think I have separation anxiety from my son

The last year I have not spent one day away from my son and I've been the same way with my 3month old daughter for the lat two1/2 months...I don't want them leaving to stay at their aunts or anywhere and I don't even like them sleeping upstaries when i'm downstairs. Every day/night they sleep in the family room with me downstairs and today my son fell asleep in his crib upstairs and i could do nothing but cry because I wanted to wake him up and bring him downstairs with me. i really don't think this is normal. Do i need to go see someone about this or what. Ladies please help me out with ANY advice or words of wisdom you may have for me! Thank You!

ashnbra1

Asked by ashnbra1 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Aww, it does sound like you're going through separation anxiety. Try analyzing what brings on that flood of emotions. Are you worried about him? You're so used to having him there, I can understand why the change would be upsetting. When I had to go back to work when my dd was 6 weeks old, I felt that way at work. I'd look at the clock and know when she needed to be fed, when she would be getting sleepy. I couldn't concentrate on work for a while. I adjusted to it though, and you will too. If it feels like it's too much to bear, talking to someone about it wouldn't be a bad idea either. good luck hon.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• look into attachment parenting. I think u will really connect w/ it. The thing w/ where baby is sleeping, I did that with my oldest son.
    Anonymous

• I co-slept with my children and the did not stay with anyone without me until they were 2; they just were not interested.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• SAME WAY HERE! My 18MONTH OLD son gets rocked to sleep every night, then I put him down in his playpen in the living room until I go to bed, then I bring him to bed with me! He hardly EVER sleeps or is out of my sight! I practice attachment parenting though... you should look into it! I love it! My kids -18mth and 5- have not spent a night away from me. My 5 year old sleeps on my bedroom floor. Their nana is moving like a mile away, and is making them a bedroom in her house so they can stay the night, and I dont have the heart to tell her that aint happening anytime soon. I couldnt bear it. I'd be at her door within a few hours! lol.. im pathetic. I love my kids, what can I say? Atleast we arent pawning them off all the time.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I am kinda the same way. He sleeps with me naps with me and I never would even conside to let someone watch him. I think .your fine and will grow out of it/
    Anonymous