does this make me seem like a bitch?

so i was looking at old pics on the computer. and some old ones from my husband back in the day and he had some old friends... so i ask about them and he deletes them and says I would of had to throw them away later anyway. was just curios who they were and he makes it seem like I am some kind of controlling monster... I had asked him to get rid of ex girlfriends pics 2 years ago...... i am so frustrated... i didn't want him to throw them away i was just trying to have a conversation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds to me as though he harbors resentment of your asking him to throw out the others, so this passive-aggressive move was to punish you.

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Yeah no, not that. I don't think you should have asked him to throw away any pictures though. That's still his past. I still have pictures of my ex's and my ex husband and my husband has pictures of his ex's and ex wife. Maybe he just assumed that since you asked him to get rid of the other pictures.
    Anonymous

• I find it odd that women ask there men to destroy photos. The girls are ex's and you are his wife. Why should anyone feel threatened by an ex. That was a part of his history... if he has the pictures or not doesnt change the past.

Anonymous

• Obviously he wanted some "me space in life" and you took that away from him. He doesn't have to share everything with you. If he wanted you to know he would have shown them to you and discussed it. If you commanded him to get rid of some then it's easy to see that you might mean get rid of them all, just erase his past and only live happily ever after with you. Sad.
    Anonymous

• i disagree with these other women. why would anybody need pictures of there ex unless maybe they have children together? if you have no ties to a person, and you are in a new relationship, why would you keep pictures of them? my SO and me both erased and through pictures of our ex's once we got serious together and neither one of us could give a shit less because we dont care about those people anymore.. at least not enough to have pictures of them.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• What is wrong with memories? Let him keep the pictures. I am with my DH. But I will always have fond memories of past boyfriends. They were the ones that taught me so much and helped me grow into the person I am today. Let him have his past by the pictures.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 10:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• my hubby has pictures of his ex! I don't care, even or kids seen the pictures. His ex has a picture of us in her kitchen. At our wedding center peices were are pictures her and her boyfriend took one and proudly displays it. So yeah he has pictures, she has pictures! She came to our wedding, we'll go to hers.
    ya it was kinda bitchy of you to ask him to get rid of his ex.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2010