Is this bad?

Is it bad that I have refused to attend a social gathering in fear of what my child may do? He is highly aggresive. I am in the process of testing him for any disorder he may or may not have. But honestly, I get scared he might either a. piss off the other parents b. seriously hurt the other child c. break something expensive. He's 4 and has at least 1-2 incidents a day. No abuse, no change in homelife...wtf? I don't know why my kid is damn bully. I give him attention and make certain I reprimand for things. I've tried spanking,time out, positive/negative reinforcement and sticker rewards. Nothing works. He's an only child.
So I guess I'm a hermit for now until we can figure this out. thanks..just a vent I suppose.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would keep my kid home too if he were like that. I would def. have him checked out for disorders, that is strange behavior. I know I would be pissed if some kid hit/hurt my kid, good thinking keeping him home.
    Anonymous

• you dont have to be a hermit... you and hubby can simply take turns going out.
    Anonymous

• I would have him checked for food allergies and intolerances...those can have a BIG impact on behavior.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 8:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• He's really bad. Like stabbed a teacher with a pencil and kickedanotherchild in the face with no provocation. It's scary and disturbing. I'm really stressed about it. Last thing I need isanother parent in my face about how my kid hurt their kid.
    Anonymous

• poor mommy. I hope you get some answers soon!
    *Hugs
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• He's an only child and you're living like a hermit for fear of what he may do. You're not giving him a chance to prove you wrong. He's old enough that you can sit down and talk to him and tell him what's what. You're letting him walk all over you, more or less, if he's doing this more than once on a daily basis. Take him out, get the interaction with other kids, tell him beforehand what kind of behavior you expect out of him, what behavior is not allowed, etc, and let him prove himself. Keeping him closed off and away from other people will only exacerbate the issues.
    Anonymous

• Actually he does interact with other children on a daily basis. He goes to daycare and has been hurting other children. My bf and I have tried averything to turn hisbehavior around. I've gone on some playdates,but all he does is run and hide from the other kids. I tell him what I expect beforehand, during and after anywhere we go. He has constant meltdowns. It's hard.
    Anonymous