I get really bad anxiety when it comes to traveling, what can I do to help?

We're going on vacation on Monday and I'm all packed and ready to go. I've checked everything three times and I'm sure there are at least three more "checks" to come, but I'm freaking out, worried about forgetting stuff, worried about forgetting to do something at home before we leave, worried about just about everything that could go wrong. So worried and anxious that I dont' think I'm going to even have fun while we're gone. Any suggestions on how to help this?? And PS a HUGE part of the anxiety is that we are flying. Everything about flying is an issue (packing and what if you lose a bag, what can and can't be checked, etc).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Travel

• Lists - make lists so you KNOW you have everything. And meds, lol!
    Anonymous

• xanax!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Just think, unless you're going to a foreign country, anywhere you go is going to have a Wal-Mart at the very least. If they lose your bags, you go to Wal-Mart, buy travel size of the necessities and maybe a change of clothes. Most likely they will have your bags the next day. A pain in the ass, yes. End of the world, no.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Ask your dr if you can get some adivan, take it right when you get to the airport. You will not have a care in the world, but you will still be able to function on the flight. In fact probably function even better than you would if you didn't have it. That is if you have an actual fear of flying. It will help with all anxiety but I don't suggest taking it unless you have true anxiety, like panic attacks, when you fly.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Get some Rescue Remedy

Answer by rkoloms at 7:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2010